Observing Safety while Using TreadTrader Classifieds
At TreadTrader, your safety is important for us. We are committed to bringing you the best site experience in the safest possible manner. However, even after our incessant efforts to moderate and police the listings, we admit that we can’t control all the anomalies in the system. Therefore, we feel that it is our duty to encourage you to practice some safety measures while you are snagging that cherished deal on TreadTrader. These handy tips will help you conduct a safe, risk-free deal on the website.
Tips to Deal Safely on TreadTrader
- Try and keep all the sales transactions local. Ensuring a local dealing lets you examine the auto part you are buying before making any financial commitment and allows you to conduct a safe transaction.
- Always meet publicly. When you set up an appointment to meet someone that you met through the listings on TreadTrader, always make sure that the arranged location is in a public place, where you can be assured that you will be able to get help if you need it.
- Always take a friend with you. Going with a friend removes many risks that are associated with going alone. This will not only help ensure your personal safety, but also help to have a witness to any and all financial or material transactions.
- Never reveal sensitive, personal information. When you are communicating with a seller about items they have for sale, always remember that you are never under any obligation to give out information they do not need to know. Your home address or information about your home, job, family and friends has nothing whatsoever to do with striking the deal.
- Always use common sense. If a deal sounds too good to be true, it probably is. If the details of a transaction seem off or potentially unsafe, stop all communication immediately. If they persist, let us know, and we will step in and take the best course of action.
- Always prefer cash dealings. If possible, use cash when dealing with anyone you do not know, so that no one has access to your banking or credit information.
- Never pay in advance. You have the right to inspect any items that you are buying, so don't listen to demands to pay up front or to wire money anywhere. If they insist, go elsewhere.
- Ask as many questions as you want. You have the right to ask all the questions you need to about the item you want to buy. You need to know if it is what you are looking for. If the seller refuses to answer your questions or does not give satisfactory answers, you are better off finding another deal.
- Inspect items in detail. This purchase is important to you, so be sure to inspect and test the item to make sure that it is intact and works as intended. If the seller avoids or refuses you from inspecting the auto part, that is a sign for you to walk away from the deal.
As our community member, your personal and financial safety is our top priority. We hope that the above tips will help you conduct a safe deal on the site and cull any associated personal or financial risks. If you have any concerns or suggestions for us, please feel free to get in touch with us. We look forward to your inputs to make the site better. Thank you!